First Marathon and other Insane things

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Running in the rain - feh.


I'll be running in the rain
Just running in the rain,
What a percipitous feeling,
That I'll be soaked to the bone.
My shoes will go squish,
So much water in my socks,
My shirt's adding three pounds
And I´m ready for a shower.

Let the stormy clouds chase.
Themselves from this place,
Get on with the rain

I have sweat rolling down my face.
I´ll run down the lane
With a water-logged refrain
Just running, running in the rain.

Running in the rain.

I'm water-logged again.

I'm running and sweating in the rain.

Sprinting and running in the rain.

Forecast for this afternoon is rather dreary. Looks like I'll be running in the rain. Thing is, if I take today off, then that's two off-days in a row and I'd have to miss an off day on Monday -- it'll just mess up this crazy schedule. And I think my best strategy towards not getting injured on this ambitious schedule is to stick to it.

I don't actually mind it so much once I get going, and if I have a shower waiting for me when I return. But today I won't. I'll just be wet for a while. Feh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home