First Marathon and other Insane things

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Pain in the tuchus

Tuesday's run: 8 miles of General Aerobic at 7:50 pace, including 10 x 100m strides.

When I stand waiting for the pitch, I rest all my weight on my right leg. I seek to transfer my weight forward while I swing at the ball, and hence a fair bit of momentum is caught by the ball if my aim is true, but another fair bit is stopped by my left leg as it lands, stepping forward.

Joining this insanity is softball season. We held a practice Monday, and I swung at 15 pitches and hit about 50 fungo ground balls for infield practice. I guess, according to what I just linked, there must be another word for it, but I don't know what that word would be. But the point here is all that swinging of the bat and landing on my left leg sent energy to the top of my leg, or, my tuchus.

When I set out for my run today, that spot seemed to have a softball of its own inside it, and it bounced, painfully, with every step.

Aside from that, it was a surprisingly fast run. Surprising because I didn't realize I was running that fast, as it felt pretty relaxed and easy-going. It was easy-going enough for me to take in the sights of the route:
The strides were lighter this time around. After the comments the last time, I just ran at a fast pace that would still fit in to, say, a 10K pace. I watched my form carefully, but I honestly don't know when my form breaks. My arms move a bit higher, my strides seem a bit longer, but I'm not going breakneck speed.

It was a beautiful day. Short sleeve shirt for the first time in a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home