First Marathon and other Insane things

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A few things of note

Today's run: Recovery run of 5 miles at 9:32 pace.

A few notes today:
• • •
Just a quick clarification about yesterday's post. I declared it "adding to the insanity" to have softball in addition to this. I think that's because now that the running schedule has me running 5 days a week, softball makes 6 days a week of some sort of scheduled athletic activity in addition to whatever else I do in my life. A bit insane, don'tcha think?
• • •
The softball-sized bundle of nerves in my left glute was less painful today. My experience is that as softball season gets into a few weeks, my body will complain less about the strange muscles used to play ball. Today's run was nice and easy, and pleasantly warm.
• • •
Today's route was 1 and 2/3 Mission Loops. Just a refresher, I list things I saw on various runs because, in running slower than I otherwise would, it is something to stave off boredom (and insanity, if I am still sane). Saying that, here's my top five sightings in the Mission from today's nice warm run:
  1. Vista Point Gallery is a business I keep passing by on Florida Street. It is hard not to notice the photography on display, because it looks like this:
  2. I realized today that La Palma Mexica-Tessen is called such not just because of the palm tree in the logo, but also because of the palm tree in on 24th Street right in front of the place. Duh.
  3. An old school bus, painted, including a palm tree, with the words "Eat good fats!" boldy on the side, is apparently an advertisement for a line of organic foods.
  4. I saw a slim, red-headed gal walking brisky and talking on her cell phone. When we crossed paths, I realized that she was crying. Sobbing, really. Sobbing into her cell phone, and walking briskly.
  5. I knew it. I was thinking on Sunday that I should have gone out and taken a picture of the overhead connector that was in the midst of being dismantled, because today that connector is gone. If you look closely at the image in the link, you can see a diagonal line crossing the street. That was an overhead connector, now gone. In fact, I'm quite sure it hasn't been used in quite some time, because on one side, the hole where the connector used to connect is bricked in with cinder blocks. I'll try to head out this weekend to snap some pictures of it.
Tomorrow will be a 10 miler, probably back along the Embarcadero out towards Crissy Field...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home