First Marathon and other Insane things

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ah, Recovery week.

Tuesday's run: 8 miles of General Aerobic at 7:45 pace, including 8 x 100m strides.

At first, I thought today was going to be rough. Opening night for my softball team, last night, produced too many opportunities to blaze around the basepaths (which is one of the things I love doing!). I started to feel a little soreness in my legs around the middle of the day, and figured I was in for a tough run.

The warm day meant for a strong wind in my face on the way out of my typical Tuesday route:


But by the time I turned around, I felt okay. I also felt how tangibly shorter this run was from last Thursday, as my turnaround point came up quickly and I started thinking about how this was to be an easier week. I must say I was surprised by the pace I wound up with. But I can tell that this week will be a nice break. With reduced mileage, shorter runs, and no single run too challenging, I can tell that I'll be primed for the tougher weeks ahead.

I took the strides, well, in stride. I felt a little winded by the end, possibly an indicator that I'm taking these strides too quickly.

By the way, our team pasted our opponents. Mercy rule victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home