First Marathon and other Insane things

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Saturday morning recovery

Today's run: Recovery run of 4 miles at 10:15 pace.

I guess it would figure that an iffy evening run would be followed by a slow, slow recovery run, especially the very next morning. I was glad to get out and put in the easy miles, though, since:
  • It is a recovery week, after all.
  • I'll be doing 12 miles tomorrow, and I think I'll be feeling well enough by then for a run that feels good.
On the plus side to recording my slowest run on the books: my brother ran with me, and we were able to maintain a common pace the whole way, as well as maintain a nice conversation.

Upon returning to his house, I heard a lot of noise and cheering from someplace nearby, and we went to investigate the nearby Little League fields. Some observations:
  • I forgot how much smaller the fields are, even smaller than softball fields!
  • Since the time when I played Little League, this league, at least, have added uniforms (and hats) that look just like the uniforms of the Major League teams they are named after. We watched the Dodgers against the Pirates for an inning.
  • I could have spent the rest of the morning watching. Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home