First Marathon and other Insane things

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I'm still not in Hawaii...?

Today's run: Recovery run of 6 miles at 8:48 pace

Today I wore a long sleeve shirt while running. This morning's fog has not lifted. It is sort of chilly. I am clearly not in Hawaii today, which still bums me out.

The run was nice and easy today. One full Mission Loop, one 2/3 Mission Loop. Heart rate kept nice and low, though I wanted to go faster. Nothing especially interesting to note, except I noticed a sign for a weekly Regae music festival. I'll have to notice the URL next time.

Tomorrow's run is the long one. Today's Recovery run puzzled me, my legs were fine after yesterday's 12 miler, and I didn't feel like I needed to recover. I guess it was just easy miles to pad the total for this week, the peak week in the schedule.

• • •

Since I can't exactly get Maui off my mind, I updated my posts from Maui with formatting and pictures. The posts below are ones where I added pictures:
The posts were originally composed and sent from a cell-phone via email. Particularly amazing to me was the idea that I was sitting on a beach in Lahaina, writing about the run I had just completed, and sending in the post within 40 minutes of finishing the run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home