First Marathon and other Insane things

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Off to see Radiohead!

Today's run: Recovery run of 5 miles at 9:32 pace

I didn't have the chance to post this after my run, since I went to join the throngs of people waiting to get in to see a general admission show of Radiohead at the Greek Theater in Berkeley. Swarms. Hundreds. Kids, in effect.

Today's run was nice and slow, and once I got into a rythm with a low enough heartbeat to satisfy my heartrate monitor, it was a slow, boring run. I noticed a few things, however.
  • Actually, I've noticed the roach-coach named El Tonayense several times before, but only today was able to remember the spelling. In fact, I saw two of them along Harrison Street.
  • Also on Harrison: a temporary sign indicating the way to get in to the Golden Gate Fencing Center. Reminds me of the fact that I took fencing for PE a couple of quarters in High School. In fact, one of my classmates has gone on to competitive fencing glory (Olympics, I think). Other than that, we mostly learned how most swordplay in movies is utter theatrics. Fencing using saber techniques using a foil? Ha!
  • Turning the corner and heading West on 18th Street, I saw an enormous pink triangle draped from the top of one of the Twin Peaks. It is, after all, Gay Pride Week.

Less than 18 hours after yesterday's 12-mile effort, this slow paced run felt okay, but not great. I am hopeful that tomorrow's challenging run will go okay, to complete another 50 mile week.

Post-script: Radiohead was amazing. Best I've seen of them. Their encore of Fake Plastic Trees was incredible. Update: here's a photo someone posted on Flikr:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home