First Marathon and other Insane things

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

No Roller Coaster

Today's run: 8 miles of General Aerobic at 8:51 pace

Running in Santa Clara, despite its magical healing effects, has some downsides.
  • The routes are rough or boring or both
  • It is HOT HOT HOT outside, even at 6pm
So, I just took this one easy. I struggled a tiny bit, but mostly, the heat got to me and I just kept things slow. I kept my heart rate low (150 average, 157 max), which tells me that things weren't as bad as they were in Maui, but bad enough to sap my energy quickly and keep the pace slow.

I had decided that instead of doing strange loops and whatnot, I'd just do a simple out and back two times.


The route takes me past Great America, and despite me seeing many cars in the parking lot, I did not see the roller coasters rolling. Perhaps they close the park at 6pm. Oh well.

I'm thankful for tomorrow's day off. I'm not sure where I'll do my 12 miles on Friday, but Chris has agreed to run my 17 miler (with 14 at marathon pace) with me on Sunday. Again, I'm in a great place to have people to run with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home